A really amazing and worthwhile post by Saul Griffith (www, LinkedIn) outlines what the US needs to do to electrify. Also see his video below.
Post: One Billion Machines by Saul Griffith
- It is critical to understand where the energy comes from and where it goes
- To look at the interactive energy data, go here: http://energyliteracy.com/
- To electrify everything the US needs to replace over 1 billion machines
- This includes supply side (oil wells) and demand side (cars, hot water)
- Most small machines are in our home with 42% of emissions tied to household fuel choices
- It should save households $2,500 per year if policy, tech and finance come together
- The goal: half the energy needed today and none of the emissions
The household machines we need in the next 20 years
- 220 million road vehicles
- 98 million space heaters
- 117 million water heaters
- 95 million stoves, ovens, etc.
- 19 million gas and propane dryers (use clothes lines!)
- 55 million rooftop solar installations
- 30 million household batteries
- 100 million breaker boxes
- 220 million vehicle chargers
How many jobs it should create
- 10 million new jobs
Call To Action
- US - join the movement to rewire America
- Global - start your own movement
Here is a video of Saul explaining the key principles behind 1 billion machines:
Images sourced from Saul's website here.
Jul 17, 2021
Join Our Newsletter and Get the Latest
Posts to Your Inbox
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.