We had an excellent discussion with Tim and Alex, and despite me accidentally creating 2 different Zoom links, we had a good turnout and contribution from the audience.
Climate Salad founders Mick and Karen are private investors in the Cecil which Alex Logan is co-founder of.
- Tim's impassioned introduction to what Natural Capital is including use of a Zoom background to make the point.
- Alex's build on this to share conceptual and real nature based solutions.
- Trish from Unwstd with some great additions on ocean based natural capital ideas.
- The only solid debate came from audience member Anastasia from Regrow on the readiness for blockchain solutions in this space.
- The wonderful combination we had with co-founders, industry leaders, investors, scientists and university people. It's the village we need.
We are hosting a debate between two natural capital advocates. The aim is to drill in and really understand what it is, the impact and where to start.
- Wednesday August 11
- 2pm AEST Sydney Time
Cecil Earth - "We are a group of designers, engineers and product builders on a mission to restore land ecosystems. Cecil enables teams with software to simplify nature based projects that drive carbon capture."
The Dasgupta Review
- "The Review argues that nature is our most precious asset and that significant declines in biodiversity are undermining the productivity, resilience and adaptability of nature. This in turn has put our economies, livelihoods and well-being at risk.
- "The Review finds that humanity has collectively mis-managed its global portfolio of assets, meaning the demands on nature far exceed its capacity to supply the goods and services we all rely on."
Quote from Sir David Attenborough
- “...by bringing economics and ecology face to face, we can help to save the natural world and in doing so save ourselves."