Giant Leap is an impact venture capital fund that backs game-changing founders using business as a force for good. Giant Leap Fund is Australia’s first venture capital fund that is 100% dedicated to investing in impact startups – rapidly scalable businesses that blend financial returns with real and measurable social and environmental benefits. We invest across the following themes:
Sustainable Living: Eg. Clean-tech, waste reduction, sustainable agriculture & water use
- 6,210 Tonnes of CO2-e emissions avoided (equivalent to 1,351 cars off road); 248,741 cumulative tonnes*
Health and Wellbeing: Eg. Aged care, mental health, medical innovation, longevity
- 247,714 Employees impacted by improved workplace policies; 346,389 cumulative employees
Empowering People: Eg. Education, social equity, addressing diversity & inclusion challenges
- $47.4 Million savings to the healthcare system; $74.4m cumulative healthcare savings
We are so excited to have Giant Leap come aboard to sponsor our Melbourne Climate Tech Showcase. A huge, solar powered thank you from us at Climate Salad for your support!
Giant Leap Partner Rachel Yang will deliver an opening address at the showcase. Rachel is also the Co-Chair of Startup Victoria, a non-profit, grassroots organisation supporting startup founders succeed. She is a member of the Victorian State Government’s Innovation Taskforce. Her background is in management consulting and corporate finance, and she previously co-founded a non-profit organisation to raise funds and awareness for Motor Neurone Disease.
Want to learn more?
Subscribe here to Small Steps - a newsletter run by Giant Leap. It’s a fortnightly update on stories, insights, and trends for the impact founders (or future founders) using startups as a force for good. Little by little, we can tackle the world’s biggest problems. Topics include:
- Deep dives into topics we’re thinking about
- News that stopped us in our tracks over the last few weeks
- Job opportunities and updates from our portfolio companies (keep an eye on our jobs board here)
- Handy/interesting/funny tidbits we’ve collected on our journey
And if you haven't already bought tickets, come along to our Melbourne Climate Tech Showcase on April 6. Tickets and more info available here: