Health and wellness industry leader Todd Liubinskas has 8 daily activities to help climate tech startup founders and team members stay healthy and happy longer.
Yes, you are all doing important work, but you need to look after the goose that lays the golden eggs. In this analogy, you are the goose (sorry) but the golden eggs are big impacts on the environment (totally worth it).
Todd's 8 Daily Activities
- Accountability buddy - support each other. Small group. 2-4 people.
- Movement - 40 mins a day - walks,
- Drink water - 3 litres of water - (does coffee count?)
- Breathing - offline, away from device, clear your mind. A big investment but worth it.
- Paying it forward in compliments - 2 per day
- Video call a friend for 5 mins - make their day - make your day.
- Read for 20 mins - paperback, not phone.
- Reducing unhealthy foods - reach for easy, wine, chocolate, reduce it. 25%
Highlights From Me
- Being a leader also applies to health and wellness. If you're not healthy and energetic, then that will flow through the team.
- Find an accountability supporter - self motivation is hard, get help. My suggestion is to not have this someone in your company. It could be another founder.
- I highly recommend walking meetings. Even more productive and get your 40 mins in.
- Turn your brain off - 5 mins a day, before bed - let your subconscious have a go for a change.
- Water - buy a good water bottle and have it at your desk. Fill it up regularly and you'll just drink without noticing. Yes, you will have to go to the toilet more but this gets your steps up!
- Food - it's tempting to eat quick but there is consequences for that.
- Invest in yourself
Todd's Fav Salad