Trade Mission: Cleantech to the US
Climate Salad is taking a cohort of climate tech companies to the US in October 2022, with exhibition space at Verge Climate Tech Festival, mentoring and customer introductions. Mick, Charlotte and Olivia will be travelling to support climate tech companies.
Which Climate Tech Companies Are Coming
Information for Companies
💡 1. Pre-trip market intelligence briefings, mentoring and training: Sept and October 2022.
💡 2. Week-long US program in San Fransisco and San Jose: October 23 - 29 20223.
💡 3. Attendance and participation at Verge Climate Tech Festival: October 25-27
Why this Market
- The United States of America has a target to achieve net zero emissions by 2050 and carbon pollution-free electricity by 2035.
- Six of the world’s top investment hubs for cleantech are located within the USA – with over AU$80 billion in investments over the past decade.
- Large corporations like Amazon, Cargill, Walmart and General Motors have joined financial investors in backing cleantech businesses.
- Initiatives to adopt cleaner technologies sweep across the private and public sectors. Infrastructure laws in the USA are bringing upgrades to the power grid, a nationwide EV network, pollution management, clean water delivery and resilience to extreme weather events.
- The US Department of Agriculture has set a goal to boost production while reducing the sector’s environmental footprint by 50%.
1. Pre-trip Program - September and October: Hybrid delivery
- Introductory welcome session
- Pitch coaching
- US Market Overview
- Business Matching
- Pre-trip briefing
2. In-Country Program: In person: San Fransisco and San Jose, California
- Climate Salad is taking a cohort of companies to the US from October 23-29 2022.
- While in-country Climate Salad will facilitate customer, investor and supporter introductions.
- There will also be site visits and the opportunity to demo at Verge Climate Tech Festival
- Companies are encouraged to stay in the US longer than the formal week with Climate Salad to make the best use of travel and contacts.
3. Post-trip: Hybrid delivery
- Ongoing advice
Climate tech companies will be assessed individually by the Climate Salad team based on:
- Readiness to launch in the US
- Product Stage
- Current and Predicted Revenue
Please note: all companies must be able to cover their own travel costs to the US
Climate tech companies within the trade mission cohort will be given zero cost tickets to Verge, as well as the opportunity to demo during the festival. Companies must cover all other costs. Costs will vary per person, but we have set out a very approximate budget and tips below:
- Flights - $3000 per person return. AirNZ and Delta have good routes, and can be cheaper than $3K
- Accommodation - Finding a group AirBnB substantially reduces this costing
- Food per day - $100 per day approximately
- Travel Insurance - from $90
How to Apply
- Apply via the Climate Salad form here: https://forms.gle/hsWLH3YHi3q25MFh8
- Application outcomes released after September 5th
Please note: trip details, itinerary, costs and programs are subject to change. Please reach out to a member of the Climate Salad team with any questions.